2.19.2009

Innovation

I've been thinking and looking at other's designs for the business cards and stationary and feel that their work is really innovative and creative. Although I think my design would pop best on stark white paper, I feel it isn't very innovative. I wish there was a way I could incorporate some different kinds of paper or unconventional designs and techniques. However, I don't know how this would interact with my design.
Paige was showing our class these business cards that used cardboard drink containers and whatnot die cut into a shape. These ideas really intrigue me. The thing is, how would I relate something like that to the Australian Bakery. I feel like I should push my creativity a little more, but I don't want to get off track with the feel of my company or design by going too far. I need to think more on some materials that would fit, and maybe do some more research on what others have done.
I also have a question...how does printing on other materials work with copyrighting? For example, on the cardboard drink containers, those designs on there are probably already copyrighted. If I print my own material on the back and pass them out as my own design is that violating the copyright laws? Does anyone know?

1 comment:

Brian Ollison said...

I know exactly how u feel! I wanted to do something more innovative with my company but i feel pretty limited with them being a business solution company. With a slogan "Business. Simplified."